Healing Hero for Excellence Awards
Annually, at the HATS & HEROES BALL, Kids Beating Cancer presents two prestigious awards, the Healing Hero for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine and the Healing Hero for Excellence in Community Leadership.
Healing Hero of Excellence for Pediatric Medicine
The Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero Award for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine is awarded to a Central Florida Pediatric Physician who exemplifies the medical profession’s highest values: commitment to service, community involvement, altruism, leadership and dedication to patient care. This award honors a physician whose life encompasses the true spirit of being a medical professional caring for people, a physician who will go above and beyond practice norms for the betterment of humanity, and thereby upholds the highest ideals of the medical profession. By practicing medicine in areas of challenge or crisis, or by devoting their time to volunteerism or public service, this physician serves as the voice of patients in Central Florida who otherwise might not be heard.
- Promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of the public health.
- Embody the values of the medical profession through leadership, service, excellence, integrity, and ethical behavior.
- Enrich patients, colleagues and the community through dedicated medical practice or service.
- Offer better access to quality healthcare for an underserved patient population in the U.S.
Healing Hero Award for Excellence in Community Leadership
This award recognizes a distinguished citizen and community leader who has given extraordinary amounts of time and talent to the community and exemplifies service and civic support.
The nominees for the Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero for Excellence in Community Leadership are individuals or corporations who have acted with integrity, faith and confidence on behalf of the community, as well as being a catalyst for creation of positive leadership in Central Florida, in the region and beyond. The nominees for this award are those who have exemplified outstanding service and civic leadership and have been significantly generous in giving of time and support to children’s health.
- Community leader acting with integrity, faith and confidence on behalf of the community and children’s health.
- Catalyst for positive leadership: demonstrates dedication to strengthening and transforming community leadership.
- Commitment to, and involvement in, Central Florida and the region and beyond.
- Exemplifies strong service and civic leadership for children: generous in gift of time and support to the community’s needs.
“May we have eyes to see those who are rendered invisible and excluded, open arms and hearts to reach out and include them, healing hands to touch their lives with love, and in the process heal ourselves.”
Dr Jack McConnell
Recipients of these Awards to date:
Healing Hero for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine – 2021 Recipient Carlos Chaban, MD
Healing Hero for Excellence in Pediatric Medicine — Past Recipients
2017 David Shook, MD
2016 Raymund Woo, MD
2015 Agustin Ramos, MD
2014 Ben Guedes, MD
2013 Gregor Alexander, MD
2012 Jogi Pattisipu, MD
Healing Hero for Excellence in Community Leadership — 2021 Recipient Donnie Saxon
Healing Hero for Excellence in Community Leadership — Past Recipients
2017 Jewett Orthopedic Clinic
2016 Bill Hull, Dealer Partner, Massy Cadillac
2015 Lars Houmann
2014 Dr. Joyce & Buddy Hewell, A.T.A.P. COMPANIES
2013 Dick Batchelor
2012 Al Weiss
Kids Beating Cancer Healing Hero for Hope Award Recipients:
2021 Francelis Gonzelez, MD
2019 Kristi Flanagan, SN, ARPN, PCNS-BC,CPON
2018 Javier Rosario
2017 Sophia Parpia, DDS
2016 Fouad Hajjar, MD