Bunky’s Pals Patient Services
Kids Beating Cancer Bunky’s Pals program provides support to the children and their families throughout their treatment process, while in the hospital and their outpatient follow-up years.
- Providing every child with a soft, cuddly Teddy Bear named Bunky and a comfy blanket
- Providing children while receiving treatment at participating hospitals a decorated, themed hospital room selected by the child. Teenagers, please select a non-violent, family friendly theme.
- Providing backpacks filled with goodies and necessities when being Discharged from transplant at participating hospitals
- Providing weekly meals and fun activities for the children while in treatment at participating hospitals
- Providing a stocked Kitchen and Pantry while children receive a transplant at participating hospitals
- Providing milestone gifts to the children throughout their hospital stay at participating hospitals
- Providing Bicycles for children who wish to ride in Central Florida
- Providing clothing for children who walk in the annual Walk of Heroes at the Hats & Heroes Ball in Orlando Florida
- Providing fun filled seasonal Parties, Barbeques, Activities and Ticketed Events throughout the year for the family in Orlando Florida
For the Love of John
John’s last Christmas wish was to receive a bicycle. His family at the time could not afford one. Because he was not expected to survive his disease, others thought it was not an appropriate gift for him. Although many showered him with other gifts, there was no bicycle under the tree. John believed, when he did not get the bicycle, it was because all hope was gone. It was a message to him that he was not going to live and brought him great sadness. John would not want any child to lose hope or have sadness instead of joy at Christmas. Symbolizing hope and joy, every child who requests a bicycle for Christmas will receive one regardless of their prognosis. Every child deserves hope.