Kids Beating Cancer Children’s Fund provides a series of unique and critically needed services for hundreds of children annually, directed at removing some of the overwhelming burdens placed on families while their child is going through the prolonged and difficult cancer treatment process or receiving a stem cell transplant.
Kids Beating Cancer Children’s Fund focus for these special children and their families, is what every parent wants: their child to be healthy, to beat cancer, and for the family to survive the long journey to a cure.
The Children’s Fund vision that inspired years of tenacious, unwavering effort was culminated in the opening of the first KIDS BEATING CANCER PEDIATRIC TRANSPLANT CENTER, at AdventHealth for Children in Orlando in 2012, an 8-bed state-of-the-art facility. Through Kids Beating Cancer Children’s Fund, children are able to receive access to life-saving treatments.
BUNKY’S PALS AREAS OF SUPPORT
KIDS BEATING CANCER Bunky’s Pals program provides support to the children and their families throughout their treatment process, while in the hospital and their outpatient follow-up years.
- Providing every child with a soft, cuddly Teddy Bear named Bunky and a comfy blanket
- Providing a child while receiving treatment at participating hospitals a decorated, themed hospital room selected by the child. Teenagers, please select a non-violent, family friendly theme.
- Providing backpacks filled with goodies and necessities when being Discharged from transplant at participating hospitals
- Providing weekly meals and fun activities for the children while in treatment at participating hospitals
- Providing a stocked Kitchen and Pantry while children receive a transplant at participating hospitals
- Providing milestone gifts to the children throughout their hospital stay at participating hospitals
- Providing Bicycles for children who wish to ride
- Providing clothing for children who walk in the annual Walk of Heroes at the Hats & Heroes Ball
- Providing fun filled seasonal Parties, Barbeques, Activities and Ticketed Events throughout the year for the family
Spring: Annual Spring Party & Easter Egg Hunt (March/April)
Summer: Annual Rock ‘N Art Cookout (July/August)
Fall: Annual Prince & Princess Party August/September), Hats & Heroes Ball (September/October), Annual Fall Party (October)
Winter: Annual Holiday Party & Children’s Candle Lighting Ceremony at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando (2nd Sunday in December)
FOOD FOR FAMILIES
“FOOD FOR FAMILIES” fills the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center kitchen with meals, drinks, and snacks for the families of a child receiving a transplant. Kids Beating Cancer provides food so parents don’t have to worry about having cash in order to eat. Parents can dine in their child’s room so they don’t have to leave their child alone in order to eat. In addition, Kids Beating Cancer delivers a hot lunch from a local restaurant once a week, and special snacks and fresh home-made desserts. The “FOOD FOR FAMILIES” program is not simply providing meals as an end in itself. Removing the need to worry about where every meal is coming from provides stability and freedom from financial stress for these families going through this already tremendously stressful treatment. You or your Company can sponsor a weekly meal, snacks, or help fill the pantry. For more information contact email@example.com or phone Angelica at 407-894-2888
When a child needs a bone marrow or stem cell transplant the treatment will require them to be away from the familiarity and comforts of home for many weeks, even months, often causing children to become very homesick. Kids Beating Cancer’s “MY ROOM” program allows each child to put their distinct fingerprint on the place they will be calling home by allowing each child to pick the theme of their hospital room. From sheets and bedding, wall decorations, to toys and accents, the hospital room will be transformed to the “coolest bedroom look” filled with the bright colors of; Paw Patrol, Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, Princesses, Sports teams are just a few of the themes the children select. The children can then focus on the fun and calming of their theme, with corresponding toys and comforts softening the look of a very high tech, state of the art Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center hospital room.
The heart of the Kids Beating Cancer Children’s Fund is SAVING CHILDREN’S LIVES.
If you would like to sponsor a MY ROOM, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the link below. Note: A $1,000 donation funds a complete room