Most important accomplishment since its founding in 1992, Saving Children’s Lives!
- 9,500 Children accessed Kids Beating Cancer programs and services
- 38,000 Potential Life-Saving Donors were tested, now available for patients searching for donor
- $22 Million Raised to fund life-saving programs for children and their families
- 3 national Research grants awarded for $100,000 each
- 120 children received transplants because Kids Beating Cancer funded non-covered medical testing necessary to access a matching donor
- $30,000 in food was provided in the kitchen for Families while their child was treated in the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center
- $250,000 Funded Meals Vouchers for Families while their child was receiving life-saving treatment
- Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center: opened in 2012
- Kids Beating Cancer Cellular Therapy Lab: breaking grounds in 2021
Most recent achievements:
Talk of the Town Restaurant Group hosted its first annual Golf tournament benefiting Kids Beating Cancer and two other charities. The incredible tourney was sold out to 1044 golfers within days. This unique event with amazing sponsors had incredible food and drink showcasing the Talk of the Town Restaurant’s menu specialities and high end liquor sponsors! The amazing gourmet filet and lobster luncheon paired with incredible wines along with a silent auction of rare and vintage wines and liquors made this an exceptional event!
Kids Beating Cancer host its first annual Science is the Cure Research Symposium in Orlando at the conclusion of the Transplantation and Cellular Therapy (TCT) meetings of ASTCT & CIBMTR. 17 scientist from around the United States presented their research projects. At the conclusion, a independent Scientific Board of Advisors selected 3 recipients to receive Kids Beating Cancer’s $100,000 Pediatric Cancer Research grants.
Saving Children’s Lives! Celebrating the 112 children who received access to bone marrow and stem cell transplants at the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center at AdventHealth for Children, because of Kids Beating Cancer’s support!
Kids Beating Cancer raised over $2.2 million at the 2019 Hats & Heroes Ball attended by 1,400 people at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando making it our largest attendance and most successful fundraising event.
Thank You to Jeunesse Kids for their amazing contribution of $1 million to fund the cure and help us launch the Kids Beating Cancer Cellular Therapy Lab!
March – May 2019
Kids Beating Cancer, in partnership with Talk of The Town Restaurant Group participated in two fundraising events since 2018 to Save Children’s Lives! “Round Up for Charity,” raising over $40,000 in March 2019, during which restaurant patrons rounded up their check at all Talk of the Town restaurants to benefit the children Kids Beating Cancer serves.
During April through May 2019, Talk of the Town partners for a 6 week campaign, “John’s Challenge,” raised over $115,000 in 2019, in memory of our Founder’s son, John Voight. Ten teams of 10 participants competed to raise over $10,000 each to support children in need of life-saving stem cell transplantation at the Kids Beating Cancer Pediatric Transplant Center.